Tuesday 27 March 2018

Singing for Spring 2018

"How can I keep From Singing"
Spring flowers in watercolour
Muscari,narcissus and pussy willow 

Oh my goodness. I need 48 hour days to be able to paint all I wish to paint at the moment. There is so much inspiration around with flowers  bursting into life everywhere. This week my fascination has turned to pussy willow and their stunningly soft fluffy buds. The above painting started out as just narcissus flowers but then I felt a touch of blue would add to the colour combinations beautifully. So I added muscari. This I did by picking some from my garden to work from as inspiration. But then I saw some pussy willows on a tree whilst I was walking and I thought they would look great in the top upper corner reaching towards the upper white space, that was.

As I'm sat here I can see where a few primroses might look fabulous in the lower lemon mid section. But then perhaps a few bluebells could then balance the composition by my adding them in the upper diagonal line of the composition, away from and opposite my primroses , if I add them.

I think from this dialogue you can see how my paintings develop. They come to life and tell me what they need rather than my sitting looking at them trying to work out what to do next.

But for now I may just enjoy this piece as it is.

What joy!

Where ever you are I hope you will have some great painting time this week. Because painting is such a fantastic way to pass time!

Create!

****************

1 comment:

Dhiraj Deka (D.D) said...

Your loose water color paintings always mesmerize me.