Tuesday 13 March 2018

New Book: Atmospheric Flowers in Watercolour


 I am thrilled to share the news that my new book "Atmospheric Flowers in Watercolour" will be launched this year. It is now available to pre order, for first edition prints, from Amazon.com.

It has been a journey writing this book as for years I have always wanted to write a book about painting flowers. In fact this was the first book I ever imagined writing. But when my publisher invited me to write it as my sixth publication my art, style and subject matter had changed dramatically from when it was first a seed of an original idea in my imagination.

Now , at this stage in my art journey I wanted to share demonstrations that were different covering subjects that might be less well known or popular in many existing floral art books.For example, I chose painting white subjects as a challenge for one whole section and my approach can be used for many other subjects as well as flowers. 

The process was filmed entirely in my garden. So readers are visiting me at home in each chapter throughout the year. This was so lovely as there were always endless subjects at hand to create in watercolour as I am a keen gardener. But it was difficult to stay with flowers only as wildlife in the form of insects and birds visit my garden daily so these too leaped onto the pages.

 
 My cottage garden

It has been a magical journey and one that took a lot of my time. A labour of love . In fact, I was still working on it while I was on tour but it has now gone to print. Finally. 

To purchase a pre order copy please see this link and I will be signing copies and selling my book at Patchings this year where my book will be launched. A very exciting time!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jean-Haines-Atmospheric-Flowers-Watercolour/dp/178221545X/ref=sr_1_5/262-7299350-9639453?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520959816&sr=1-5&keywords=watercolour+flower


 Roses from my cottage garden



**********************



No comments: