Wednesday 5 October 2016

On The Fence 2016 : Robin in Watercolour

"On The Fence"
Original Watercolour 
Copyright Jean Haines

A very hectic day. I am preparing to leave for my USA 2016 Fall tour and also delivering work to galleries that represent me. It has been a wonderful year for sales so I am arranging a collection of original paintinsg to be on show while I am away.  I am also  painting a "Birds in Watercolour" series for a gallery Christmas Show.

Above is "On the Fence ". Our little cheeky robin makes another appearance in my watercolours. I realised this would make a great Christmas Card so it could be mine this year. The eye is very bright and shiny. Just like the real eye of the bird I see daily in our cottage garden. There is lovely light on the snow too which I am delighted with.

Again I have used one of my own photographs and added a fence to it to make the composition more interesting. Snow seems to hint at a Christmas and Winter feel.

This piece will be delivered along with other new paintings to be framed tomorrow. And if you would like to see these bird paintings at Christams head to the Wey Gallery in Godalming, Surrey, UK as they will be showing this new collection of new subjects!

Details of the gallery are below. 
To purchase a bird painting please contact the gallery via this link as they will be happy to help.


*******************

 

No comments: