Tuesday 8 September 2015

World of Watercolour Exhibition 2015 : Parrot in Watercolour

"African Grey"
£595
 From my new book Jean Haines World of Watercolour 

Things are now getting really exciting for the opening of the "Jean Haines World of Watercolour" exhibition which opens this Friday at the Frame Gallery in Odiham, Hampshire.

My collection of paintings left this morning to be delivered to the gallery. All framed and ready to be hung for the show. I now have wonderful space where the collection waited to be collected.

It is a strange feeling seeing the body of work for this show leave as the majority of paintings are from my  latest book. They have felt a part of me for so long and I never did get around to choosing a piece to keep. I like everything in the book so much that selecting a personal memento seemed an impossible task. Each painting tells a story of my art life. 

Even the above African Grey which  is at the close of my book on the quotes page. This seemed such an apt page for a parrot that talks to be placed!

It reminds me of a parrot that a landlady who owned a flat I shared years ago had. I left my key at home  on one of the first weeks I had moved in and rang the landlady to explain my predicament.

"Hello?" came the reply .

"I am locked out, I have left my key at home. I am so sorry but can you let me in when I get back this evening?"

"Hello?" came the reply again.

I thought I had a faulty line so again I explained that I hadn't my key with me.

"Hello, hello, hello!" came the response.

Of course it dawned on me that I was talking to the parrot not the landlady. The perfect mimic of her accent was incredible and I laugh about it now, years later.

As I walked into my now "framed painting free" studio to work on my next book I realised I had missed this painting from the collection. How I don't know but it will be there in the browser now.

In fact there will be a few surprise paintings in the browser because unless there is an element of surprise in a show I feel the excitement is lost. So whilst I have shared most of my collection on my blog the actual opening is when all the paintings will be on display.

Please can I remind everyone if you have seen anything you particularly like in this collection and wish to purchase now is the time to contact the gallery. 

Now I am working on new paintings and my next book but I will be sharing updates on my blog continually and  can I say  here quietly. Thank you so much for reading my blog posts and following my blog. It is so lovely to know when I'm working in my solitary studio I can escape here and feel you with me!

********************

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, as are all of your paintings! I can't wait til Friday, I am driving down from Worcestershire to meet you at The Frame gallery! Im really happy! :) I want to take a workshop next year can you let me know the dates for 2016 workshops? Thanks very much I hope to be a lucky one and able to take a workshop :)