Saturday 28 March 2015

Roses For Doni

"Love is a Rose"
Painting from my new book "Jean Haines World of Watercolour"
( Copyright Jean Haines )

I just read an email from a wonderful artist who had been inspired on my workshop whilst I was on tour in Australia last year. Doni, I promised to post on my blog to you so here is one post! Others will follow when I have time.

I often hear from artists who have attended my workshops or demonstrations, Mainly letting me know how I have inspired or motivated them which is wonderful. Sometimes I hear of lifes' hiccups that get in the way of peaceful painting, following the excitement of a course and that can be so frustrating I know, because life has a way of throwing hurdles at us when everything is going just fine. In fact I often sit and wonder where my " life hurdles" are because its' been far too long since any were thrown my way. Well apart from breaking my ankle in Australia a while back but even that had positive outcome, in that I met many new friends when I returned to repeat the course for the artists who missed it the first time around.

Life on the whole is wonderful but when things get us down it is amazing how by simply moving our brushes or choosing cheerful colours we can lift our spirits to lead us into another more " happy zone"!

So whatever the weather, or whatever life is throwing at you please do find some "down time" just for you, to paint and enjoy just watching colour on paper!

"Love is a Rose" is from my new book " Jean Haines World of Watercolour" which will be available in June of this year.  And is already available to pre order on Amazon .com


No comments: