Monday 2 June 2014

Patchings Demonstrations 2014 : Foxgloves in Watercolour : Exhibitions

 Foxgloves bursting into life on my easel. 
Painted purely with watercolour.
Saunders Waterford paper 300lbs Rough Surface.

After fully booked days of workshops last week, I was feeling absolutely desperate to paint in my garden today. I have so much to do with preparation for my demonstrations at Patchings Art Festival this week, but my heart is being tugged towards the gorgeous foxgloves in my garden. I am well aware that they may disappear whilst I am busily travelling around the country so I took the opportunity to paint some this morning. And wow, did they make me feel good! I am now fully energised and really looking forward to sharing my watercolour techniques in St Cuthbert Mill Marquee. I will be there on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Everyone loved my approach to painting flowers that sing with colour, life and energy on my floral workshop last week so my enthusiasm is at an all time high. The sheer pleasure in putting colour on paper to find the shapes within my first wash was fantastic! I defy anyone to feel miserabe when using "Opera Pink" By Daniel Smith or " Opera Rose " by Winsor&Newton.  These vibrant shades  are amazing to work with.

I will be showing how I approach a variety of subjects whilst I am at Patchings so do come along and enjoy them if you can.

Outside my studio window I have the real thing,foxgloves towering over the rest of the flowers in this particular flower border. Giving me added inspiration and even more temptation to pick up my brushes.

Foxgloves in my garden


Patchings Art Festival 2014

Patchings Art Festival Demonstrations.

I will be sharing my passion for watercolour  in St Cuthbert Mills marquee this week, at this years Patchings Art Festival.  There is plenty of room in the main marquee, it is a great setting so that everyone can see and hear the demonstrations.  Full details can be found via this link.


I also have my own marquee this year which will be filled with books, DVDs, my own personalised brushes  and cards at special offer prices  especially for the event. I also will have a collection of original watercolours for sale. I will be delighted to meet visitors, and sign books.  This is such a special time of the year and I  love this art event. See you there!

**********************

My next exhibition " Here Comes the Sun " opens on 15th June at the 
"Dogs in Art Gallery", Stockbridge, Hampshire
 Some beautiful pieces are in this solo show!



4 comments:

nandadevi said...

Lovely Jean. A pleasure to see your paintings,truly energising.

Kat Farmer/van Hookens said...

...love those lively foxgloves, my garden too is popping with these and many other inspirational blooms at the mo, it can make ya a bit frustrated when other jobs keep you away from them. Love the colour and rhythm in this piece. :)

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you!

I'm thrilled you like this.

Yes quite often life gets in the way of painting but I have learned to make time to paint first and let everything else can wait!

Anonymous said...

Glorious foxgloves, Jean. I've no idea what happened to my original email subscription but I suddenly realised I had now idea what you were up to so have re-subscribed!

I do hope your ankle is very fully recovered.

Sarah