Tuesday 7 January 2014

Thinking of Spring : Narcissi in Watercolour

 Narcissi on my easel 

The weather is atrocious so I am doing what I always do, and that is escape in my mind to sunnier days in Spring via my brush.  I have Spring exhibitions this year in Hampshire and Gloucestershire so my next collection will be favourite subjects and new ones. 

Today I was thrilled to see my favourite white narcissi already in the florists. So I took the opportunity to start new washes today. These are such delicate flowers and yet listening to heavy rain  my creative spirit fell into the trap of using brighter colours to alleviate the greyness I can see outside my studio window. I will be sharing on my blog more regularly now that New Year is over so I hope to have lots of wonderful colour combinations coming up!


 Strong colour combinations forming the base for my new narcissi painting.White of the paper has been left for a few of the petal shapes.

 Happy painting and may 2014 be full of wonderful watercolours ,colour, life and energy,

Best wishes

Jean


Beautiful Narcissi in Watercolour

3 comments:

Adrian said...

So Beautiful! And, I love seeing the wet paper full of color!

Adrian said...

Beautiful colors and wonderful composition. I just got your book, "Atmospheric Watercolors" and I am enjoying every page!

Adrian said...

Beautiful colors and wonderful composition. I just got your book, "Atmospheric Watercolors" and I am enjoying every page!