Saturday 2 November 2013

Art League of Long Island Workshops 2013

Autumn Reds on Long Island 2013

Last week I took two watercolour workshops at the Art League of Long Island, New York.  This was following an opening talk during an evening art event. I have looked forward all year to returning to this wonderful art location and time has flown because I have already left Long Island and am now in Texas for the second part of my 2013 USA Watercolour and Book Signing Tour.

I met wonderful people in Long Island. I loved all the artists who raised fascinating questions and told me they left feeling totally inspired from each of my sessions. The joy in meeting people from all over the world with an interest in watercolour is  for me a beautiful gift. One to be shared and treasured.

I am so lucky to  live the life I do, travelling and constantly connecting via a love of colour and this incredible medium which is more fascinating every single time I work with it.

Thank you so much to the Art league of Long Ilsnad for inviting me back after last years successful visit, and for inviting me back as soon as I have time to return. A huge thank you to everyone who attended my Long Island workshops. I hope you continue to feel inspired and motivated for months to come. I have my list of new colours to experiment with when I return home and I will be sharing any exciting "finds" on my blog and in my new book.

I especially  loved the comment from one of the artists this week during my last workshop.

"Jean, if you could bottle your enthusiasm and passion for watercolour it would be wonderful !"

Well, I can't bottle it but I promise I will keep sharing it in workshops, demonstrations and my next book which is looking really exciting at the moment. I cannot wait for the day it is finished and launched. And of course there will be a huge celebrations at that time with all my new friends.

I will work on  my diary and share updates as soon as possible of any new USA  dates available.

Now it is time to give talks and workshops in Texas!

No comments: