Tuesday 26 February 2013

Golden Flow.

Golden Flow
Shades of Springtime

I have had a wonderful month in Spain and returned home last night eager to get back into my studio in UK.  On arrival I  became  immediately excited as so many flowers are beginning to appear in our garden. Snowdrops in beautiful white clusters, crocus pushing their heads through the lawns and the daffodils are out shining regardless of the grey skies above. Their glorious dash of yellow brightened my soul so much that I just had to work with them this afternoon.

I have simply sat and looked at what I see outside my studio window and played with every colour and shadow. This abstract beginning pleases me so much, so it is a great base for a painting and I look forward to continuing my experimental washes tomorrow and completing some exciting new work.

As there is no sunshine here today I am definitely making my own!

You can see more of my Spring Flowers on my web site gallery via this link


I am currently  in a solo exhibition at the James Gallery in Budleigh Salterton.
I have a major solo show coming up which will include Sweet Narcissi paintings at the Wey Gallery in Godalming. Full details can be found on my web site


************


No comments: