Thursday 24 May 2012

The Wey Gallery "Expressions " Solo Exhibition

The Favourable Mariner
From my book "Atmospheric Watercolours" 
 £395

There is a wonderful  selection of subjects in my solo exhibition which opens at the Wey Gallery in Godalming this Sunday with a preview from 1.00 - 3.00 pm.

Paintings like the "Favourable Mariner" (above ) from my new book will be in the show along with fabulous new horse racing scenes and of course very vibrant new cockerels.

Paintings vary in price from £395 -£3500.

 A few of the paintings from my book will  be sold with the original proofs from my book which is an unusual way to buy a painting but tells the history behind it.

While I was writing "Atmospheric Watercolours", my husband who is a keen sailor was on various trips. Hence the temptation and inspiration for this piece which has now become a favourite of mine.. This photograph does not do justice to the image which  is included in a chapter looking at texture and technique.



For full details of all the art in this exciting new collection please look at the Wey Gallerys web site this weekend or better still, come along and meet me there!

I will be signing copies of my new book during the preview.

No comments: