Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 A Year in Demonstrations


Biscuit in my studio


Art Societies
Amazingly this year I have lost count of the number of  fantastic Art Societies I have visited to give talks to and hold demonstrations. I really would like to say a huge thank you for the  many invitations that have come my way and to everyone for making me feel so welcome. Jumping in a car and heading to an unknown destination to meet a room full of people you don't know seemed very odd a while ago. Now it is a huge part of my life. I seem to regularly walk into a room full of up to a hundred or more artists to smilingly share my joy for working in watercolour. I have far too many favourite societies to mention but many of you will know I would happily come back when time allows!

Demonstrations
My demonstration at the Mall Galleries during the SWA.Society of Women Artists 150th Annual exhibition has to be  one of my best memories this year. I had arrived early to set up for the day so imagine my surprise to be met by artists  already eagerly waiting outside the prestigious London venue before the doors  had even opened. This was to ensure they had a good position to watch me while I worked. I had thought at this point there would be no chance of not seeing me in action but as the day passed the crowd grew bigger and I was once again stunned and humbled by the enthusiasm of other artists for my passion for watercolour and my style. Anyone who attended that will have absolutely no idea how happy you made me feel that day.Thank you so much for coming,watching and supporting me.  I will be demonstrating again this year and as my new book will be launched by then I'm already planning a very special day and book signing there. I will also eagerly be sharing my new techniques which until now have been kept secret!


Enthusiasm and interest during my Mall Galleries,London Demonstration 2011
Just the beginning!


Workshops
My workshops have grown in popularity too and sadly I have to admit my sessions for 2012 have all, long since, been fully booked. Every time dates were announced places were immediately taken.  I am very aware there is a long waiting list of artists who would still love to attend. For this reason I excitedly agreed when invited to  tutor at Dedham Hall next year, this course too is fully booked.

I will be at various venues next year  giving demonstrations so please try to attend if you can. I will be the guest artist at Banstead Art Festival and at Patchings later this year. I really would love to meet you.

2012 Diary
My diary for Art Society demonstrations is already full for 2012 and at this date I am not taking any further bookings for 2013. But I will be updating my blog with news of my activties and I will be sharing any possibility of new workshop dates later this year if they arise.


Art Magazines
I have also be shared demonstrations in print. My recent feature in the Artist magazine proved highly popular and  there was a Jean Haines competition on Painters Online which closed in December,the winners will be announced  in 2012.




.
*******************

2012 will see me holding workshops in Texas and New York and my Australian friends may have some very good news soon also!

Watch this space!


************************

Time has flown in 2011!

To everyone I have met in the last  twelve months on and offline, 
I am wishing you the happiest of New Years!

No comments: