Sunday 6 November 2011

That Important Moment


That is it.

I have just  pressed "send" to attachments that hold the very last chapters of my new book and the feeling is very strange. From here in  all my paintings and text are in the hands of my publisher. The next time I see it will be in the form of a proof in my hands of the final layout,design and all the pages will have my images in place.

Part of me feels really sad that this time has come because the journey in writing this publication has made me a far better artist. I have been  quieter online over the last few weeks as the value of what I have been typing about has sunk in, inspiring me to work on my own collection of new watercolours which are far more alive than they have ever been in the past.

I feel as though I have taught myself how to improve, observe where I needed to change my ways and I have looked with  very new eyes at what I am hoping to achieve in my results. My new book will be out next year and I am now going to thoroughly love painting with the new techniques I have discovered and shared within its pages.

Will this be a time to relax?

I am afraid not as I now must work on my upcoming exhibitions and also write magazine features that have been very few on the ground since I took up this project. Apart from that I have a long list of emails I need to reply to with some very wonderful invitations. I am so sorry if you are someone reading my blog who has been waiting for a reply but I have shut myself away from the world to close my book. My emotions were running very high and that positive energy I needed to flow into my written words. I knew my goal and I have reached it with every single page.

A memorable day in my life and that moment I pressed send cannot be taken back.

My book is complete. Like a painting that could need one more brushstroke I have had to make a decision.

It really is finished!

*********************

3 comments:

ANAIS G. BURGOS said...

Congratulations, Jean!! I can't wait to have it in my hands :)
Wishes!!

Sylvia said...

Congratulations on this accomplishment, Jean!

Brotesdeternura said...

Great! congratulations! Whenever lack least for coming to our hands, Anxiety! Grace