Wednesday 30 November 2011

Snowdrop Snow

Facing Winter

What a wonderfulseason this is with so much excitement surrounding us. I am one of those annoying people who adores Christmas. The months leading up to it mean fabulous Christmas shows in galleries and meeting up with friends old and new to celebrate this very special time of year.

I enjoy looking forward to opening the stored Christmas decorations. As I hold each one  it always without fail reminds me of special memories over the years. I can look back and smile at the many times certain ornaments have adorned our trees. I  think about my life journey while I do and where I was when  many were bought or given to me. I have a tradtition of giving  Christmas tree ornaments to friends so that when they hang these on their trees each year they will think of me. I have already bought this years gifts for wonderful friends who have come to mean the world to me over time. In fact I couldn't imagine my life without them in it.
And just like dear friends some painting subjects come to life at this time of year. Painting them brings a feeling of magic that just doesn't seem to hang around in any other season. So I am painting with blues and frosty white snow effects. Robins have been on my easel more than once this week and gorgeous clusters of snowdrops.

I am working on a new horse racing collection which won't be on show until 2012 and the fast sense of movement in each is really making me think of all I have to do to makethis season brilliant for everyone around me.

Whatever you are creating I hope you are having a fabulous time doing so,and I hope your sesason is fantastic as well!





1 comment:

Brotesdeternura said...

Beautiful painting, until I get cold... Grace