Monday 24 October 2011

Luck of the Irish

O'Hare

Knowing that the two hare from my new exhibition have been sold as soon as the show opened left me concerned there will be no lucky painting in the collection for the rest of the month.

As I am preparing for my workshops this month which begin tomorrow a vision of a new hare has been playing on my mind. I took the quiet opportunity to work on him and bring him to life before my week turns into one where I happily share my techniques with others via demonstrations rather than the solice of my art studio.

"O'Hare" will soon be completed and  find a place in The Frame Gallery in Odiham.

I do hope everyone reading my blog has a fabulous week ahead full of amazing paintings. I will be meeting all the artists who are booked on my Autumn one day workshops and I am so looking forward to each day that will be filled with colour, ideas for new compositions and colour combinations.

It is going to be great!


**************

2 comments:

Norah said...

Love your paintings and especially the Hare - there is so much folklore around them here in Ireland, I have managed to get a few photos of them but they are so fast and you can see that eye watching out for danger ! Have just watched your DVD and cant wait to get painting later today. Hope to catch one of your workshops in 2012. Norah

Norah said...

Love your paintings and have just watched your DVD, cant wait to have a go ! The hare looks wonderful, they are such a joy to see and I have managed to get a few photos but they watch you so suspicously with that eye which you have caught so well. I There is so much folklore around them here in Ireland which is wonderful ! Hope to get over to one of your workshops in 2011, Norah