Wednesday 1 June 2011

Summer Flowers in Watercolour Workshop 2011

  
"Summer Flowers in Watercolour "
Workshop 2011
 Delphiniums in Watercolour
One of todays demonstrations.

Wow, another fantastic day and I feel as though I am on the most wonderful of highs. Today was the second workshop of my summer one day sessions. The theme today was painting "Summer Flowers in Watercolour". The aim was to achieve unique results with flowers that have a sensation of movement in them.

To me it isn't enough to simply paint a subject so that it looks like a copy of the subject. I want far more from my own work. I want a feeling of life and an added extra hint of magic from the medium itself that lends itself perfectly for painting such gorgeous subjects, as we covered today.

Sweet William, Hollyhocks, Aquilegia, Peony. The day flew by. 
The silence when I was demonstrating was deafening if that makes sense because it really is the strangest feeling standing in front of a group without a single sound coming from behind you. Everyone  was so enthusiastic. It really is such a treat to share all I can with others who are so eager to  see my painting style.

I have come home feeling as though my own batteries are recharged. I desperately want to paint the subjects we covered today and explore the ideas we covered even further. Some will be included in my next book as new ideas have come to me already since I left the workshop venue.


Delphinium. 
Close Up Section from todays demonstration

Tomorrow is my one day "Animals in Watercolour"Workshop and I really can't wait!

**********************
I am sorry to say that as of this morning only one place remains on my Autumn Workshop Sessions. I can't believe how quickly they have booked up and I know this will be really disappointing news to anyone who would have liked to attend. I will be sharing news of my 2012 Workshops by the end of Septembe and  I hope anyone who missed this opportunity will  gain a place then. You can still contact me if you wish to receive news of when dates are available. 
For news and updates please see......


No comments: