Wednesday 23 March 2011

David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year 2011 Exhibition

David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Exhibition 2011
Mall Galleries, London
6th-11th June


"Almost There" 
From my book"How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour" by Search Press
Selected for the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Exhibition 2011

This afternoon I  heard the wonderful news that I have been selected as a finalist in the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year 2011 Exhibition at the Mall Galleries, London which will be held in June of this year.

I was selected in 2010 with another painting of an elephant. The experience is one I will always remember. I admire work by professional wildlife artists, I always have. I  am often left speechless at the stunning detail and atmosphere caught in their work which is so very different to my style. So much so that when I first heard about the WAY exhibition I hesitated at  submitting a painting. But then a thought hit me that this was not about purely being in an exhibition. It was about raising funds and awareness for beautiful creatures who need help desperately to survive.

I have a favourite painting from my first book " How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour"  which I was going to keep as this piece means so much to me.

It is called " Almost There" because I believe many animals are only just surviving and could disappear without our help. We need to step in and  make sure our grandchildrens children have the beauty in the animal world to enjoy that we often take for granted.

I could get very emotional decsribing how I feel but there is a far better way to show how much we can do and that is for me to direct you to the David Shepherd web site where you can read all the details of activities and events taking place to make a difference in this world. 


You will also be able to read the full details of the exhibition. 
Last year it was incredible so please don't miss it!
*****************


No comments: