Wednesday 28 April 2010

Babes

Babes
Original Watercolour by Jean Haines

What started out as a simple first wash in watercolour and initial thought aimed to create one baby owl soon turned into a group  of three and I can sense the addition of a fouth appearing  in the lower  foreground. That is the sheer joy of working in this technique. You may think you know where you are going but until you  arrive you are never really sure. In my mind I had envisaged one baby owl in a fabulous background. But then I continued to add " eyes" and got carried away. Now I am sat looking at this scene and  can easily see a whole series of paintings emerging from this one.

I have had such an exciting week which has been full of good news after good news. Maybe this is the magic that is flowing into my work lately but I am  so very happy!

********************



No comments: